Trash Service Regulations
The following regulations for residential areas have been established.
1. Collection of solid waste in the residential areas will be on Monday and Tuesday of each week except the the holiday collection which is listed below. The city is divided into areas as follows:
- Monday Collection: North of Oak Street (commonly called Main Street)
- Tuesday Collection: South of Oak Street (commonly called Main Street)
- HOLIDAY COLLECTION: Trash pick up will be one date later for the following 2016 holidays - Memorial Day, May 30; Independence Day, July 4; and Labor Day, September 4.
2. On the collection day in your area, please place your trash containers in an easily accessible place near your house no later than 7:00 a.m.
3. Four trash cans or eight bags per week will be collected. 2 bulky items curbside will be collected per week, including furniture, mattresses, small appliance or televisions. Call 816-277-8572 about large appliance pickup at no cost.
4. Tree limbs, brush and yard waste will not be accepted. No carpet or remodeling materials will be accepted in the regular pick up.
5. Please seal needles or other medical strips in a hard plastic jug with a lid. Seal with tape prior to disposal.
6. The monthly cost of the residential pick up is $11.25 for once a week pick up and will be added to the regular monthly water bill.
7. Redgate Disposal of Plattsburg, Missouri has contracted with the City of Lathrop to pick up all residential solid waste material. Their phone number is (816) 277-8572 or 816-716-6265 (mobile).